The life changing situation has popped up and you suddenly really need to sell home fast rva. Every seller wants their home to sell quickly and for the highest price, here are some things you can do to get those goals.
Pack photographs and heirlooms away. A lot of buyers do not see past personal things and you shouldn’t want them to be distracted from picturing their treasures in your home. De-clutter! People collect a great deal of “stuff” and if your house is full of anyone don’t use, donate or throw away. Remove books from display units. Tone down knick knacks and clean off counters together with shelves. It’s a head start on packing for your move.
Set up Closets/Cabinets. Often times these spaces are very important to buyers. You don’t need want a closet or cabinet door opened to have an increase of stuff fall out. You want buyers to see how much more storage space your home can offer them! You want your home to appear large. Rent a storage unit if you have an abundance of furniture and remove furniture that blocks paths and walkways.
Will there be things in the home that you know for sure you’re taking when you step? Remove them and replace or put into storage now. If perhaps these items are not in the house, potential buyers will never know there was a little something they might have wanted to include in the purchase.
Make insignificant repairs so that your home appears well maintained to prospective buyers. Inexpensive yet important things to do; patch holes and appropriate cracks in tile. Repair doors or drawers of which don’t work properly. Paint rooms that have crazy colorations, neutral. You don’t want your home to be memorable for the fluorescents pink bathroom. Cleaning is very important, you want your home to have a decent first impression. Here are some low cost things you can do to spruce up your home.
- •Have all windows cleaned.
- •Clear cobwebs… don’t forget the attic.
- •Redo or bleach caulking in bathrooms.
- •Clean in place fixtures and mirrors.
- •Clean the inside of the appliances you’re leaving behind.
- •Vacuum, especially before buyers walk through.
- •Look up when you dust so you don’t forget ceiling fans and light accesories.
- •Hang fresh towels in bathrooms.
- •Clean and oxygen out any areas with bad odors.
- •Re-arrange home furnishings to make rooms look bigger.
- •Make sure window shades are level or that blinds are clean as well as lying flat.
- The outside is just as important as inside. If a shopper is reluctant because the outside is a mess, they will under no circumstances go inside.
- •Power wash exterior, driveway and sidewalks
- •Keep all paths leading to the home free of grass/leaves or snow/ice in winter.
- •Keep lawn cut.
- •Paint faded areas of house and trim.
- •Trim bushes and be sure your house selection can be seen so that buyers can find it.