Everyone wants to find a good, fair and reliable local garage which gives them value for money each time. The good news, it’s possible if you just follow these 4 simple steps. This then eliminates the probability of you with the erroneous ones that are going to charge you on the top. And the very first step is to get personal recommendations particularly from those that drive around in a similar model and make of car as yours.
Step 1 – How to get private Auto Repairs recommendations
So that you drive around in a model of automobile that not many drive or own. So how do go about getting recommendations? Well it’s now that much easier. Just email or text friends, relatives and work colleagues to inquire if they know of anybody who pushes a comparable model and make of car as yours locally. Give them your information in addition to stating you are looking for a trusted garage to support or to do San Bernardino Auto Repair on your vehicle in the local area. When they don’t know of anyone,get them to ask their friends. They in turn may know somebody. As the saying goes, you are no longer than 6 people away from the person you want to contact or speak to. Try it out. It works. You will be amazed at the results. On to the next step.
Step 2 – You now have a shortlist of possible garages to use for your auto repairs.
So what questions if you now ask people who have just recommended a particular garage to get some auto repairs?
- 1. What do they enjoy about the auto repairs in particular?
- 2. How long have they been using the garage for servicing and for auto repairs?
- 3. What exactly did they have done last on their vehicle? Have they had any other auto repairs done utilizing exactly the same garage?
- 4. What was the service like? Any feedback? Was it clean and neat?
- 5. Was it mended on the day and in the time it had been booked in? Or do the auto repairs consistently over-run?
- 6. Were they informed of any other additional automobile repairs that needed to be done before they were actually carried out?
- 7. Was the invoice itemised with a comprehensive breakdown for the auto repairs done including parts replaced? Were there some hidden nasty surprises added to the invoice they knew nothing about?
- 8. Did the automobile garage postage the support book and were there any other difficulties?
- 9. How did they reserve their car? Was there a long waiting period of say over each week to reserve their vehicle in etc?
- 10. The garage was it nicely run, clean, tidy and well maintained? What was the overall attitude of the staff? Are they respectful and helpful?
- 11. Have they had some reason to return to the garage to get some of those auto repairs appeared at again?
Step 3 – Now to take a look at those automobile repairs / garages on your shortlist
You now have a listing of the potential garages to use for your urgently needed auto repairs. You now need to quickly vet every one of them out. First phone the automobile repairs up and ask them for a service quote for your make and model of automobile.
- 1. Just how long were you kept waiting on the telephone before it had been answered?
- 2. Were they specific and detailed as to what’s contained as part of the ceremony and what is not?
Typically the way the reception staff functions and how they handle the public ( i.e. customer support) is a manifestation of how the automobile repairs has been run. Yes, the individual might be having a terrible day. But even if they’re, they should be professional and in their best when dealing with the general public.
After a few days, you now have to do a quick visit to the automobile repairs. It’s best not to go first thing in the morning as you wish to see the way the automobile repairs is functioning properly at a hectic time. Simply visit the reception desk and again inquire to get a quote about the servicing of your vehicle. Give them your automobile details. This is now your Opportunity to ask any other questions you may still have:
If any work is undertaken on your vehicle, how long can be guaranteed for. It’s always best to use an actual example to get all the particulars. That is so there can be no misunderstanding.
Ask them what’s contained in the ceremony and what isn’t. You can now compare this to what has been said on the telephone sooner. Are they any gaps? If there are, ask them why this is how it is?
You need your car to be parked and stored in a secure place. And down a narrow side road where cars have difficulty parking and passing.